Future Schools Trust is a Company Limited by Guarantee formed under the Companies Act 2006. It is formed by the signatories (Members) of the Memorandum of Association.
The Board of Directors has responsibilities under Charity Law as Trustees and under Company Law as Directors, as well as the responsibilities of governors of a school. The actions of Directors are also governed by the Master Funding Agreement between the Trust and the DfE and by the Articles of Association. In addition, there is a Supplemental Funding Agreement for each academy within the Trust.
Tiger Primary School and Tiger Cubs Day Nursery are part of the Future Schools Trust; alongside, Cornwallis Academy and New Line Learning Academy. Each school has its own local governing body which plays a supporting and challenging role for the school’s leadership with regard to the curriculum, pupil attainment and progress.
The Governing Body’s responsibilities are:
- “day-to-day” oversight of running of the schools;
- carrying out the Trust’s vision policies and priorities;
- hold the school leadership to account for academic performance;
- quality of care and provision;
- overseeing and monitoring the effectiveness of local strategies;
- seeking value for money and ensuring resources are applied appropriately at school level; and
- supporting the Board of Trustees in relation to proper use of funds and delivering high quality educational provision
Local Governing Body for Tiger Primary School and Nursery (LGB)
Judy Rider (Chair)
Hayley King (Headteacher)
Isabelle Linney-Drouet (CEO)
Karen Thorpe (Clerk to Tiger Local Governing Body)
Frances Sharp (Clerk to Trust)
All Governors are required to follow the principles of public conduct set out by the Nolan Committee.
- Trust board and committee membership, attendance and declared interests 2021-22 (to date February 2022)
- Trust board and committee membership, attendance and declared interests 2020-21
- Local Governing Body membership, attendance and declared interests 2021-2022 (to date February 2022)
- Local Governing Body membership, attendance and declared interests 2020-2021
Contact the Governors
If you wish to contact the governors, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org who will forward your message onto the relevant person. Alternatively you may write to
Future Schools Trust Clerk,
New Line Learning Academy,
For more information on Future Schools Trust Governance, please click here.